The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me: because the Lord has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted (Isaiah 61:1a)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for what is right for they shall be satisfied (Gospel of Matthew 5:6)
This ministry of outreach in our local community seeks to assist those who are struggling to make ends meet. Parishioners of St Thomas, and other supporters of St Thomas FoodShare, contribute food items or offer other donations to support individuals and families.
- Assistance is available, in person only, on FRIDAY MORNINGS ONLY from 10am - 12noon
- You will need to have some current identification (eg. Health Care Card and/or Driver’s License) with name and address, and including the number of people in your household.
- One assistance is offered per month
- For more detailed assistance we will direct or offer a referral to another organisation who are resourced to offer more comprehensive help.
- Financial assistance is not offered or available. There is no money kept on the premises.
Donations of suggested (non perishable) food items are welcome (Where possible, ring-pull open tins are preferred)
- Packet Cereal – Weetbix/Corn Flakes
- One litre size UHT full cream milk
- 500g packets Spaghetti/Pasta varieties
- 400g-500g (max size) jar of Pasta Sauce
- 400-425g (max size) tin Baked Beans
- 400-425g (max size) tin Spaghetti
- Tinned soup
- Tinned tuna fish
- Small/medium size of tinned fruit or snack pack fruits
- Individually wrapped/sealed Muesli Bars (boxes or packets
- Six pack/200-250ml individual size UHT fruit juices
- We also welcome donations of seasonal items (for Easter and Christmas distribution)
Health regulations require that we are not permitted to split or divide packaged items, nor to Food-Share items that are beyond their use by date. Any donated items that do not comply will be discarded.
St Thomas FoodShare Etiquette
We donate items that we would be happy to receive and consume ourselves. When we shop for our own household we pray and lift up God’s wider household who are struggling and in need.